ISIS claimed responsibility for the devastating suicide attack that took place outside the Russian embassy in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, on Monday and took at least six lives, including two members of the embassy staff.
According to an ISIS statement posted on Telegram on September 5, an ISIS fighter “blew up” his explosive vest in a gathering joined by Russian employees” close to the embassy in the Afghan capital, international media reported.
Along with the Russian embassy personnel, four Afghans requesting consular services were also among the casualties, and at least ten others were injured, according to Kabul police spokesman Khalid Zadran.
According to the Taliban-run Bakhtar news agency, the Taliban security forces were able to identify the suicide bomber who set off the explosives. Bakhtar claims that the suicide bomber was shot and killed by Taliban forces.
While Abdul Nafy Takor, a spokesman for the Afghan Interior Ministry, told the media that as the bomber approached his alleged target, security personnel guarding the embassy engaged with the bomber.
The Taliban Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson said in a statement earlier on Monday that Taliban security has initiated a thorough investigation and would take additional measures to guard the Embassy and avoid such incidents from impeding the Embassy’s operations.
The Taliban official also stated about the telephone conversation of the Taliban Foreign Minister with his Russian counterpart over the deadly attack outside the Russian embassy in Kabul.
The foreign minister of Russia expressed his sorrow over the deaths of Afghan citizens and blamed the attack on “international criminal syndicates” stressing the importance of fighting back against them.
The post Deadly Suicide Attack Outside Russian Embassy in Kabul: ISIS Takes Responsibility appeared first on The Khaama Press News Agency.
Source: The Khaama Press News Agency